Overwhelmed and Underserved: Patient Perspectives on Diabetes in 2022
To help save the limbs and lives of patients with advanced diabetes, we wanted to find out how type 2 diabetes is affecting them after the pandemic.
This comprehensive study reveals what more than 4,000 diabetic patients have to say about the current state of diabetes care.
The report reveals insights into
- Mental health issues and financial strains associated with managing type 2 diabetes
- Experiences with medical emergencies and amputations
- Access to care and perception of care compared to other patients
- The severity of racial disparity facing minority populations, such as African Americans and Hispanics, living with type 2 diabetes
- State-by-state experience of living with complex diabetes in highly affected areas, which include New York, California, Texas, Florida, and North Carolina