Subscribe to our blog to get the latest Podimetrics updates along with helpful articles on preventing diabetic foot complications and amputations, leading-edge technologies and much more.
Choose peace of mind.
Last modified May 1, 2018
1. Questions; Contacting Podimetrics; Reporting Violations.
2. A Note to users Outside of the United States.
The Products and Services are intended for use in the United States of America only. If you are a non U.S. user, please do not submit any personal or other data or use the Products and/or Services.
3. Types of Data We Collect.
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact an individual, including, for example, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. Personal Data includes the information that is collected from use of our Device, such as patient health related data pertaining to foot temperatures (“Patient Data”). “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect and use Personal Data, Patient Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- We may collect Personal Data, such as first and last name, gender, phone number, e-mail and mailing addresses, and/or location.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in your communications, in order to send you a reply.
- If you contact us via phone, we may collect your name and phone number in order to respond to your inquiry and to monitor and provide support relating to your use of our Products and Services.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as registration numbers, other requested information relating to support, and medical history information (such as history of foot ulcers, neuropathy, and amputation).
- If you are a healthcare provider, we may also collect information such as your professional title, company name, and password in order to enable access to certain functions, features, and data relating to your patients.
- Patient Data.
- Our Products and Services will automatically collect Patient Data, including foot temperature when using a Device.
- Patients, healthcare providers and authorized distributors of the Products and/or Services (“Distributors”) may also provide us other Patient Data in connection with the use of our Products and Services, including but not limited to information collected in the course of providing support or monitoring related to an individual’s use of the Products and Services, such as photographs taken by Distributors or healthcare providers during in-person training, follow-up, or support visits.
- Information Collected from Healthcare Providers . We may receive Personal Data relating to Patients from their healthcare providers or health insurance providers. We may add this information to the information we have already collected about a patient.
4. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose a patient’s Personal Data and/or Patient Data to his or her healthcare provider(s) and/or Podimetrics-designated Distributors, including without limitation, patient biometric data and the frequency of a patient’s recorded use of the mat or other applicable Product and/or Service;
We may use a patient’s Personal Data in order to:
- provide the Products and Services to you;
- measure, monitor, evaluate, repair, and improve the efficacy of our Products and/or Services;
- send administrative e-mail or other notifications (including by phone), such as connectivity issues, security advisories, or support and maintenance advisories;
- facilitate home visits, including support, training visits, or follow-up visits;
- communicate instructions and other information as authorized by a healthcare provider to a Patient;
- facilitate calls and appointments between healthcare providers and Patients; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Products and Services by third parties and/or for other marketing purposes of Podimetrics.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data and Patient Data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable. We analyze this Anonymous Data so that we may enhance existing, or develop new, Products and/or Services. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion, unless expressly prohibited by applicable laws or regulations.
5. Additional Disclosures.
- Disclosures to Healthcare Providers. Patient Data that is collected from a Product or Service will be shared with that patient’s healthcare provider, health insurance provider, and/or healthcare team for healthcare purposes, including communicating with the patient about the patient’s use of the Products and/or Services and the results and analysis obtained in connection therewith.
- Disclosures to Distributors. Patient Data that is collected from a Product or Service will be shared with that patient’s Podimetrics-designated Distributor for the purposes of communicating with the patient about the patient’s use of the Products and/or Services, including results and analysis obtained in connection therewith, when such communication does not rise to the level of requiring communication with the patient’s healthcare provider
- Disclosures to Third Party Service Providers. We may share Personal Data and Patient Data, as applicable, with third party service providers, including without limitation third parties that provide us data processing, hosting, disaster recovery services, telecommunication, or support services. These third party service providers are required not to use Personal Data or Patient Data other than to provide the services requested by Podimetrics. We will only share such Personal Data or Patient Data to third party service providers to the extent reasonably necessary for them to provide the services requested by Podimetrics.
6. Third Party Websites.
7. Choices Regarding Information.
You have several choices regarding use of information in connection with the Products and Services:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our applicable Products and/or Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions, functions, or features of certain Products and/or Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
8. Security of Personal Data and Patient Data.
Podimetrics is committed to protecting the security of Personal Data and Patient Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect Personal Data and Patient Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Your data is stored, disclosed, and used in compliance Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), as required. No method of transmission or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Podimetrics uses reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data and Patient Data, Podimetrics cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. A Note about Children.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data or Patient Data from individuals who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data or Patient Data to Podimetrics and we learn that the Personal Data or Patient Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data or Patient Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.